Sunday, May 10, 2009

Heat Wave

I love Florida. I am one of the rare people who welcomes the 90 degree heat. Part of this is due to the fact that I was lucky to grow up in a small beach town. I think that gives you a different perspective on the Florida heat. That said, this week has been unseasonably hot. Almost 10 degrees above where we should be this time of year. We are breaking temperature records. Now, normally this would not be an issue; however I'm pregnant.


I came home on saturday afternoon and the house was hot. I turned the air down to 69 degrees trying to cool the house down. Hours later, the thermostat was set at 69, but read 81 degrees. I was dying. I turned the shower on the coldest setting and hopped in. My body was radiating so much heat that by the time the water hit my head, it would turn warm. I tried laying naked under the ceiling fan. Still unbelievably hot. At this point, my anxiety takes over. I lose it. I'm crying hysterically. I have this vision of it being mid July and a hurricane comes and knocks out our power. I have no air conditioning; no water! I keep thinking about is all the women who said, "oh, your going to be pregnant over the summer." In a voice that is dripping with pure sympathy and a face that reads "that poor girl". Now I get it. Which makes me cry even harder. I'm screaming in between tears to Jason that he better do something to get this problem fixed or I'm leaving. There is no way that I can spend four months like this! Poor guy! The house eventually cooled down and after a frantic phone call to my mother, I started to feel better.

I think this summer is going to be very interesting. i foresee myself bathing in a tubs of ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment