Wednesday, April 8, 2009

nesting (or new ways to drive your man crazy)

So, i'm pregnant. About 13 weeks. I moved into the baby daddy's house. Okay, my boyfriend's house, to sound more proper. He owns it and has lived here for 5 years. We have a roommate (he's moving soon!!!). Now, let me start by saying: THE HOUSE WAS STILL DECORATED BY HIS EX WIFE. What sane man would move his now knocked up girlfriend into a house with her ugly (i'm not being mean, just truthful) decorations everywhere. Do you see where hormonal, crazed girlfriend could have issues. I think that I have went about suggesting redecorating as nicely and smoothly as possible. I started with our bedroom obviously. No problems there. Then the living room, okay. Now we have come to what one could only be describe as the bike room. Yes, a bicycle room for storing bicycles. Why? Well, they are expensive. I get it. However, there is a way we can utilize this room for the kids, computer, and bikes without looking like I just walked into a mechanics garage two feet off the living room.

Here is the kicker: he's okay with me organizing the room. Awesome, i know! It might have something to do with the fact that his hormonal, crazed girlfriend (ya, ya. I'm pregnant) Starts crying hysterically the moment I think he is going to say no. Think is the key word in that sentence; he hasn't said no. But, I still lose it. I cried when I asked for bookcases and he wasn't sure they would fit on the wall I was talking about. I cried to the point of not being able to breathe when I asked him to build me what basically would be a rectangle box for strorage. FYI: He said to just buy it instead. ( He does work full time and has full custody of a four year old)

Lesson to learn here....... if your going to knock someone up, make sure your house is already decorated. It will be one less thing for her to cry over. (and trust me, there are plenty of things that make pregnant women cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment